One of the primary tasks of RPSMUG is to initiate and complete benchmarking exercises with high-energy electron beams and gamma rays to compare:
- Calculated absorbed dose distributions obtained using different Monte Carlo Radiation Transport Codes; and
- Measured dose distributions obtained via irradiation experiments
The first experimental procedures was at Mediscan, Austria using two nominal 10 MeV accelerator systems: 15 kW Titan TB-10/15 Linac and 35 kW IBA Rhodotron TT-100.
Responsibilities for the first benchmarking experiment:
● Project Leaders: Josef Mittendorfer, Mike Saylor
● Execution of Protocol Studies: (TEAM)
● Operation of Electron Beam Accelerator: Mediscan Personnel
● Data Analysis / Summary Report: (TEAM)
● Physical Measurements and Modeling Publications: All active participants
On 2007 October 25 at the RPSMUG Annual General Meeting (AGM) Josef Mittendorfer presented the draft report, "Benchmarking Dose Predictions in Electron Beam: TT-100 Experiment and Modeling Report".